Friday, December 28, 2007

Murud and Janjira Road Ride

So finally, I finished my trip to Murud and Janjira. En route we stopped at Kashid Beach. It was really heartning to see that the beach was actually very clean. To me, it must be one of the most cleanest beaches in India. The shoreline is relatively spotless, except for the usual paper or two. The water is not clear and blue but it was pleasantly warm and I could see the land beneath the water.

As i had mentioned, we made a visit to the Janjira fort situated in the Arabian Sea. The fort is situated roughly at a distance of 800 metres from the Sea. We had to take a ferry to reach the fort, but the the ordeal we put was worth it. The fort is an excellent sight to watch. It was very inspiring to hear that the fort once held around 4000 people who lived there. Built by the Siddiques or the Muslim Sains(thats what i believe) the fort also summed up as a very strong fort, which could keep the enemies at bay. It is virtuakky impossible to reach the fort during a low tide. The fort also has two lakes in it, which still house fresh water. But it was a sad sight to see the plight of the fort. As usual, we Indians dont seem to value these heritage monuments. The walls were broken, the lake was full of algae. So full, that the lake's color was entirely green in colour. I was disgusted to see such a sight. It makes me wonder in distress, as to when will the people of India learn to respect such heritages.

All in all, it was a awesome ride. I rode around 350 Kms in a day and i loved every moment of it. So much so, that i am taking my friends to Kashid beach for on the 31st of Dec and we plan to stay there to celebrate the New Year. Hope they like it!!

I have posted some pictures below. Take a look.





No comments: